Recruiting Trends In 2018
What can we expect to change or become popular in 2018’s recruiting world? Well, Entelo Recruitment Software recently did a study that predicts what will happen in 2018 for hiring (from blog.entelo.com):
Recruitment is a top priority, but it eats up a lot of time
- Talent acquisition professionals spend nearly one-third of their work week (about 13 hours) sourcing candidates for a single role, and some groups spend even more.
- Approximately 1 in 4 (27%) respondents report spending half the work week (20 hours or more) sourcing for just one role.
- Most (70%) agree that recruiting automation would increase productivity.
Budgets are shifting toward Artificial Intelligence (AI) -powered technologies.
- In 2018, 62% of companies plan to spend on AI-powered recruiting software.
- Of those, 86% plan to spend on intelligent sourcing software
- Only 30% plan to spend on HR Tech chatbots
- 26% will spend on digitized interviews
Spending on traditional tools is plummeting
- Approximately 7 in 10 respondents plan to spend less or none at all on traditional advertising like newspapers and print.
Email is number one in candidate engagement
- More than half of respondents confirmed email is their preferred method of outreach
- 39% find email the most effective channel.